Ballard breweries represent a large slice of the Seattle-made beer pie, and with Seattle Beer Week starting today and running through May 18, you’ll have another reason to go out and explore some of the neighborhood’s (and city’s, for that matter) best local brews. To begin your beer journey, head up to Chuck’s Hop Shop on NW 85th all day today and tomorrow to sample rare sour beers from Almanac, The Bruery, Cascade, Black Raven, Deschutes and more. Here’s a rundown of the other SBW events happening in Ballard this weekend:
- Cascade Brewing Night at The Sixgill featuring Apricot Sour, Shrieking Violet Sour, Grenadine Sour and Honey Ginger Lime. (Yes, we know this is in Fremont, but too good not to mention.) 4:00-10:00 p.m.
- Belgian lovers won’t want to miss this: Urban Family Public House will be serving Cantillon’s Lou Pepe Framboise, Iris – named for the flower that serves as the symbol of Brussels, Fou’Foune – an apricot Lambic, and Mamouche, as well as Drie Fonteinen’s Hommage and Golden Doesjel beers. 5:00-10:00 p.m.
- Maritime Pacific Brewing is pouring a special Dry-hop 2013 XPA Firkin from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- The Noble Fir hosts SBW kick-off stop #3 with Black Raven Brewing. 8:00-9:00 p.m.
- The Bruery Draft Takeover at Bitterroot BBQ. A selection of 10 beers including Autumn Maple, Saison de Lente, and Tart of Darkness. 3:00-11:00 p.m.
- Porkchop & Co. will be serving bread made from spent grains used by Reuben’s Brews and Fremont Brewing alongside meats, cheeses, mustards and sweets (and Reuben’s and Fremont beers, of course). 3:00-7:00 p.m.
- Willamette Valley’s Block 15 night at The Noble Fir. 4:00-10:00 p.m.
- Friday Night Trivia with HUB at Ballard Station. 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Chrome Satan finally in cans! Release party at Hilliard’s from 7:00-11:00 p.m.
- Chuck’s 85th will be pouring 30 IPA’s all day Saturday and Sunday.
- Rye Beer Fest at Reuben’s Brews with 16 rye beers on tap! Noon-6:00 p.m.
- All Saison, all the time! Saison Fest at Urban Family Public House, featuring Jolly Pumpkin, Prairie Artisan Ales, Lost Abbey and more. Noon-6:00 p.m.
- Block party at 418 Public House with beer from Hood River, Oregon’s Double Mountain and California’s Black Market Brewing. Outdoor beer garden, local bands, BBQ and more! 2:00-9:00 p.m. rain or shine.
- Hilliard’s beer tasting at BevMo! Ballard. Fill up a growler before you leave! 4:00-7:00 p.m.
- 2nd Annual Bluegrass & Beer Festival at Hale’s Ales has paired up breweries and will feature the resultant beers from collaborations between Diamond Knot & Skagit River, 7 Seas & Port Townsend Brewing, and many more! 5:00-10:00 p.m. Tickets here.
Sunday, 5/11 (Don’t forget your mom while you’re out drinking beer)
- New Belgium Mother’s Day Dinner at The Leary Traveler. This ticketed event will benefit Seattle charity The Benevolent Guild and features a four-course meal along with five beer tastings from New Belgium. 6:00-9:00 p.m. Tickets here.
Click here to see a full list of Seattle Beer Week events happening all over the city!