Do you find yourself stumped every year, scrambling around to try and find the perfect gift for your Mother, who seems to already have everything you can imagine? Do you wind up getting something safe and uninspiring year after year, resorting to a 99 cent card and hand written poem you have stored on your computer’s hard drive? I can safely assume we’ve all been guilty at one point in time of last minute shopping when we’re down to the wire and wind up with an impulse buy, maybe something that you yourself would enjoy a little more than Mom. This year it might be time to plan a week or two ahead, and get your Mother something unexpected. Here is a list of things you might find inspiring to get for her this Mother’s Day weekend:
1. Is she a fabulous cook? Whether she needs it or not, a cooking class from Seattle Hipcooks in South Lake Union might be the perfect treat.
2. Does your mom love jewelry and recycling? why not get her a recycled sterling silver necklace from Uncommon Goods.
3. Is she a tech whiz? If your mom has had her new Ipad 3 longer than you have, get her a new Mother’s Day inspired Ipad case!
4. Is she hopelessly in Love with Seattle? Get her something personally homemade from Etsy!
5. Is she remodeling? The new West Elm in Seattle is full of inspiring decor she’ll love, or grab her a giftcard.
6. Every Mom appreciates a good musical; take her to the theatre! The 5th Avenue’s summer schedule is out now.
7. Does she have a green thumb? Whether she does or not lend her a hand! Help her garden grow by getting her the best fragrant plants in her garden.
8. Still stumped…check her pinterest account and see what she’s pinning these days, or if she has a wishlist board waiting for you!
9. Or if you’re on a budget, here is a list of free Mother’s Day activities from CBS that you can take her to and enjoy a day just the two of you.